Sunday 24 February 2013

'Thanks for the Love' by Eddy Ongili


THANKS FOR THE LOVE


Iam humbled by our friendship
Iam thankful for your smiles
Your deep comforting words
Your ever present help
All lead me to thank you for the love
I appreciate your texts
The time we share
The feelings and all we exchange
Iam caressed at heart by you just being you
You calling me dear,best friend,love
And saying I LOVE YOU

You've proven to me your loyality
Your sweetness and forgiveness
You understand me
You encourage me
This day,Iam occupied by your smile
I browse through your texts
I say your name
And I thank God for such a true friend
Hoping that once again
I'll see you,hug you,kiss you on the cheek

Well Iam not okay
When you're away
But when I think of your assurances
Your promises to be friends forever
And all the love you've given me
Iam ashamed of being doubtful
Doubtful that you'll come back
And be in my eyes again
To love and to cherish
To hugs and kisses
All we'll share my blessed friend
And we'll grow in our friendship

Others may walk in and out
But I promise that I'll always be around
Anytime you need me
Call me
Text me
To you my friend,I'll always stand by you
Thanks for the love
To you Iam always ready to serve

Eddy Ongili©


Written by Eddy Ongili, first posted to the People's Poetry Bookshelf on 16 February 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment