Sunday 24 February 2013

'If I Could Write A Love Poem' by Chris Smith


If I Could Write A Love Poem


If I could write a love poem
It would be able to reach out
To touch everyone on this world
It would stand the test of time
And show how love is immortal
But the mind stays young and fresh
As the body starts to feel old and weary
Wanting to express this need and desire
To spend an Eternity able to hold you
Able to write just one poem of love
To put the true emotion into verse
It is the hardest thing to do
Because this poet becomes lost for words
To try and express your real beauty
The correct meaning within this beating heart
If only I could give you the wonders of time
Give you the glories within our reality
Describe how your very kiss is electric
How your touch is that of an Angel
This poem I will give to you
As I attempt to find these words
If I could write a love poem
So the stars above can shine down
And all of Heaven can see how I love you

copyright Chris Smith 30th November 2009


Written by Chris Smith, first posted on the People's Poetry Bookshelf on 16 February 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment