Wednesday 20 February 2013

'Eternal Valentine' by ViCente HalfBreed



Eternal Valentine

I sit here… Under the Oak tree…. by the old fishing hole….
Waiting… for you…. to show
You promised…. you would be here…
I have been here before….. and we met…. as promised….
But today…. is different…..
As the day… goes by…. I remember….. 
The time…. we first met…. an age…. Of Turmoil…. where we lived
I see…. this Butterfly…. coming thru the branches…. 
It stops…. on a blade of grass….. next to me…
As the Sun…. starts to set….. the Butterfly turns to Star Dust….. 
I Stand… and watch…. as you appear… before my Eyes…..
You reach out…. for me…. In years gone by….. 
I was….. the one….. reaching out…. for you….. 
I take… your hand…. you lead me… to the fishing hole……
You stop….. turn to me…. you touch my face….
I look….. into your eyes…. as you place….. your hand on my shoulder…. 
Then we… step together… Heel Toe….. Heel Toe….. Heel Toe….. Toe.. Toe..
We dance….. Together…. for the first time….. in years…. gone by
Just you… and me…. Mother Nature… has provided us….. the Music…. for our dance…
We Danced…. like old times… in tune…. with each other…..
We danced….. on top… of the fishing hole….. as if was a Floor….
A Mist…. of Star Dust….. wraps around us…. you kiss me…… 
You wrap…. your arms.. around me…. And hold me…. tight.. 
I look…. into your eyes…. as we start….. to rise….. 


I see us….. turn into butterflies…. we start….. to fly…. Together once again…..
We fly…. to a land….. far away….. beyond the skies 
Where… my friend’s…. have gone 
Where the tree…. of life…. is in… Eternal Bloom…… 
Sheds…. its fragrance…. on an unclouded day…. Its fragrance….. envelopes us
No more Illness… No more Pain…. No more Sorrow….
In a… Mist of Star Dust… we return… as Butterflies….
To where…. we started….. The Star Dust…. starts to Spin….
We are returned….. Back…. to our Shapes… 
As I hold you…. I Notice…. We have Wings…
I can see…. the reflection….. of our shadows…. on top…. of the fishing hole…..
The sky…… turns orange….. as the sun…. starts to rise… in the distant…..
I look up….. and see…. a bright light…. I blink… my eyes… and awaken….. 
To see…. the Sunlight….. Peeking….. thru the blinds….. 
My arms…. wrapped around…. your Pillow……..


Written by 
ViCente HalfBreed, first posted to People's Poetry Bookshelf on 10 February 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment